- NAC has achieved over $40 million in retail sales since federal legalization on October 17, 2018.
- With 28 licenced stores in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, NAC has the largest footprint of any private or public cannabis retailer in Canada, according to provincial licensing statistics.
- NAC continues to execute on its business plan to have 40 stores operating by the end of calendar 2019, and 110 by the end of calendar 2020.
TORONTO, June 24, 2019 /CNW/ – National Access Cannabis Corp. ("NAC" or "the Company") (TSXV: META), Canada'slargest cannabis retailer according to provincial licensing statistics, today provided investors with a corporate and retail sales update. The Company is successfully executing on its growth strategy and has achieved over $40 million in retail sales since legalization, with cumulative gross margin in excess of 31%. The Company is targeting to have 40 operating stores by the end of calendar 2019.
"NAC continues to demonstrate revenue momentum in a supply constrained environment," said Mark Goliger, CEO of NAC. "Investors want to know what's next for NAC. We plan to open more stores in Alberta and Manitoba, expect positive movement with our licence applications in British Columbia, and plan to roll out an improved and streamlined store design to enhance customer experience and optimize capex.
"With the recent filing of our preliminary base shelf prospectus to provide us with flexible access to capital, we are confident in our ability to execute on our strategic growth initiatives, and that our revenue momentum will continue for the foreseeable future."
– Mark Goliger, CEO of NAC
The Company's current portfolio of 28 licenced locations is split as follows:
- 18 NewLeaf Cannabis™ stores in Alberta
- 9 Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ stores in Manitoba
- 1 Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ store in Saskatchewan
With operating stores in 3 provinces, NAC is the national leader in retail cannabis. Its near-term growth initiatives include:
- Opening an additional 5 META store locations in Manitoba by the end of Q4 2019.
- Opening its 7 fully-built stores in Alberta as the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission grants additional retail licences as per its recently lifted moratorium.
- Continuing efforts to obtain licences in British Columbia, where the Company has already submitted applications for 7 licences.
- Submitting applications for licences in Ontario once licencing opens up to more private retailers.
About National Access Cannabis Corp.
NAC is Canada's largest recreational cannabis retailer by provincial store count. With a portfolio of 28 retail locations nationwide, NAC is the leader in secure, safe and responsible access to legal recreational cannabis in Canada. Through its Canada-wide network of Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ and NewLeaf Cannabis™ recreational cannabis retail stores and NAC Medical's cannabis clinics and pharmacy partnerships, NAC enables the public and registered patients to gain knowledgeable access to Canada's network of authorized Licensed Producers of cannabis. NAC is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol (TSXV: META).
& Keep Up to Date
Get the latest pot stock recommendations, cannabis news
and industry updates straight to your inbox!