Welcome to the Conference
The 8th Global Conference on Health Promotion (8GCHP) was be held in Helsinki, Finland, from 10 to 14 June 2013. The conference is co-organized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health of Finland (MSAH). Participation at the Conference is by invitation only. The plenary sessions are broadcasted live on the Internet. Further information: [email protected]
The main theme of the Conference is "Health in All Policies" and its focus is on implementation, the "how-to". It is structured around six themes. Country experiences will be shared and models and methods will be identified through a series of plenary and parallel sessions spanning across five days. One of those days is dedicated to Europe showcasing national and sub-national European experiences. Conference Programme
About the Conference
The Conference is the eighth in the Global Conferences on Health Promotion series, the first one being the Ottawa conference held in Canada in 1986. Key messages and outcomes of the previous conferences can be found at the Milestones in health promotion: Statements from global conferences.
The Conference aims
- To facilitate exchange of experiences and lessons learnt and give guidance on effective structures and mechanisms for implementing Health in All Policies approach
- To review approaches to address barriers and build capacity for implementing Health in All Policies
- Highlight the value of health promotion activities for health and development
- To establish and review economic, developmental, and social case for HiAP
- Provide guidance especially to Member States on the implementation of the Health in All Policies approach
- Contribute to the implementation of the UN Political Declaration on NCD Prevention and Control, and the Rio Political Declaration on Social Determinants of Health
Who should attend
The conference is by invitation only. About 800 high level policy makers and experts are expected, representing different levels and sectors of Member State governments, UN and international organizations, civil society and foundations representing health and other relevant actors.
& Keep Up to Date
Get the latest pot stock recommendations, cannabis news
and industry updates straight to your inbox!