The company shows strong results in the second-quarter financial report.
GrowGeneration Corp. (NASDAQ: GRWG), the largest chain of specialty hydroponic and organic garden centers, with currently 28 locations, today reported record revenues of $43.5 million and adjusted EBITDA of $4.6 million for Q2 2020. Q2 2020 was the Company's 10th consecutive quarter of record revenues. The Company also reported record GAAP net income of approximately $2.6 million for Q2 2020 compared to net income of $1.1 Million for Q2 2019. As we continue to outpace guidance, we are increasing 2020 revenue guidance to $170M-$175M and Adjusted EBITDA to $17.0M-$18.0M. Revenue guidance for 2021 is $245M-$260M. Adjusted EBITDA guidance for 2021 is $26M-$28M.
The Company's Q2 2020 record financial results reflect our continued focus on revenue growth and EBITDA expansion.Darren Lampert, Co-Founder and CEO
Financial Highlights for 2nd Quarter 2020 compared to 2nd Quarter 2019
- Revenues up 123% to $43.5 million for Q2 2020 vs $19.5 million for Q2 2019
- Same-store sales were $25.1 million for Q2 2020 vs $16.9 million for Q2 2019, a 49% increase
- Adjusted EBITDA of $4.6 million for Q2 2020 vs $1.7 million for Q2 2019, an increase of 166%, $.12 per share, basic
- Gross profit margin % for Q2 2020 was 26.7% vs 29.9% for Q2 2020
- Gross profit was $11.6 million for Q2 2020 vs $5.8 million for Q2 2019, an increase of 99%
- Store operating costs as a percentage of sales were 9.2% for Q2 2020 vs 14% for Q2 2019, a decrease of 34%
- Income from store operations was $7.6 million for Q2 2020 vs $3.1 million for Q2 2019, an increase of 146%
- Income from store operations as a percentage of revenue was 17.5% for Q2 2020 vs 15.8% for Q2 2019
- Corp Payroll and G&A as a percentage of revenue was 7.2% for Q2 2020 vs 7% for Q2 2019
- GAAP net income per share, basic, was $.07 for Q2 2020 vs $.04 for Q2 2019
- GAAP net income was $2.6 million for Q2 2020 vs net income of $1.1 million for Q2 2019 2020
Working Capital and Cash
- Working capital was $35.2 million on June 30, 2020, vs $30.6 million at December 31, 2019.
- Cash on June 30, 2020, is $14.8 million, cash on December 31, 2019, was $12.98 million, and cash as of August 12, 2020, was $59.3 million
- Proceeds from the sale of common stock and warrants were $282,000 for Q2 2020.
- On July 2, 2020, the Company completed the offering of 8,625,000 shares of its common stock generating $48.3 million in gross proceeds before deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions and other offering expenses. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. acted as the sole book-running manager for the Offering. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and Lake Street Capital Markets, LLC acted as co-managers for the Offering.
- May 12, 2020, we opened our Store Support Center in Denver, CO
- On June 16, 2020, the Company purchased the assets of H2O Hydroponics LLC. located in West Lansing, MI, creating a 15,000 sq. ft., $8.0 million operations in West Lansing, MI.
- On June 29, 2020 GrowGeneration was added to the Russell 3000Ò Index.
- On July 2,2020 Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. acted as the sole book-running manager and closed on a $48.3 million Offering. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and Lake Street Capital Markets, LLC were acting as co-managers for the Offering.
- The Company surpassed $100 million in year-to-date revenues on August 10, 2020.
- On August 10, 2020, the Company purchased the assets of Emerald City Garden, located in Concord, CA
- On August 12, 2020, the Company entered into a partnership with Whole Cites Foundation, committing to donate free product to develop urban farms across the US
Darren Lampert, Co-Founder and CEO, said, "Q2 2020 is the Company's 10th consecutive quarter of record revenues. Revenues were up 123% for Q2 2020 versus Q2 2019, to $43.5 million. Adjusted EBITDA was $4.6 million for Q2 2020 compared to $1.7 million for Q2 2019, an increase of 166% or $.12 per share, basic. Our same-store sales were up 49% for the period Q2 2020 versus Q2 2019. Income from store operations was $7.6 million for Q2 2020 vs $3.1 million for Q2 2019, an increase of 146%.
Our online business increased by 149%, Q2 2020 versus Q2 2019. Our commercial division generated over $9.0 million in revenues, an increase of 142% Q2 2020 versus Q2 2019. The Company added 167 new commercial customer accounts from Q1, 2020 to Q2 2020 and now services over 700 commercial accounts. We continue to see strong demand for our products that include LED lights, nutrients, additives, soils and other products that outfit and feed grower's gardens. Our Sunleaves private-label nutrient and additives line of product is now generating over $100,000 a month in sales. Our weekly walk-in transactions are now 10,000, an increase of 50 %, quarter over quarter. On June 16, the Company successfully acquired H2O Hydroponics LLC, and consolidated it with our West Lansing operations into a new 15,000 sq. ft. super hydroponic garden center. The Company believes that the combined business will generate over $8.0 million in annual revenues in 2020.
Our mergers and acquisitions pipeline is the most active it has been since our inception. We have set a corporate goal to reach 50 stores and 15 states in 2021.
On July 2, 2020, we closed on a $48 million upsized follow-on public offering with Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. acting as the sole book-running manager for the Offering. Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. and Lake Street Capital Markets, LLC acted as co-managers for the Offering. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the Offering primarily to expand its network of hydroponic/garden centers through organic growth and acquisitions and for general corporate purposes.
On June 29, 2020, we were added to the Russell 3000® Index. We believe our Russell 3000 listing will increase long-term shareholder value by improving awareness, liquidity and appeal to institutional investors.
While we take this opportunity to announce our quarterly earnings, we are mindful of the COVID-19 plight which is besieging society, leaving no one unaffected. We are thankful for the dedication of health care workers and first responders, as well as the essential workers who are keeping our communities running.
As a result of our first-rate preparedness, all of our personnel have been working since mid-March with complete effectiveness. I have been inspired by the efforts and dedication of GrowGen's team as they have worked tirelessly to service our customers and communities.
The economic road ahead will challenge all businesses, but GrowGen's strong Executive Team, balance sheet and amazing employees put us on excellent footing to overcome adversity.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, GrowGen is considered an "essential" supplier to the agricultural industry, suppling the nutrients and nourishment required to feed their plants. Accordingly, we are open during this difficult time and will remain open for the foreseeable future. We have plans and procedures in place to ensure our customers and employees stay safe during this time of uncertainty. All of us at GrowGeneration remain committed to the safety and well-being of our customers and employees and send our prayers and thoughts to all in the growing community.
GrowGeneration has partnered with Whole Cities Foundation and has committed to donate free product to local communities and their urban farms that have been severely affected."
Annual Guidance for 2020 and 2021
Full year 2020
- Sales $170M-$175M
- Adjusted EBITDA guidance for 2020 increased to $17.0M-$18.0M
- GAAP pre-tax net income guidance set at $7M-$8M.
Full Year 2021
- Sales $245M-$260M.
- Adjusted EBITDA for 2021 is $26.0M-$28.0M.
To learn more about GrowGeneration Corp, visit the company HQ here.
Disclaimer: Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.
Get the Latest Marijuana News &
Content in your Inbox!
All your support helps The Green Fund keep writing content for all you
marijuana enthusiasts and potential pot stock investors