Terra Tech Corp. (OTCQX:TRTC) operates through multiple subsidiary businesses including: Blüm, IVXX Inc., Edible Garden, and MediFarm LLC. Blüm’s retail and medical cannabis facilities provide the highest quality medical cannabis to patients who are looking for alternative treatments for their chronic medical conditions as well as premium cannabis to the adult-use market in Nevada and California.
Blüm offers a broad selection of cannabis products including; flowers, concentrates and edibles through its Oakland, CA and multiple Nevada locations. IVXX, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Terra Tech that produces cannabis-extracted products for regulated medical cannabis dispensaries throughout California and medical and adult-use dispensaries in Nevada.
The Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Edible Garden, cultivates a premier brand of local and sustainably grown hydroponic produce, sold through major grocery stores such as ShopRite, Walmart, Ahold, Aldi, Meijer, Kroger, Stop & Shop and others nationwide. Terra Tech’s MediFarm LLC subsidiaries are focused on medical and adult-use cannabis cultivation and permitting businesses throughout Nevada.
Emblem is a licensed producer of Medical Cannabis in Canada, led by a team of former Healthcare & Pharma Executives who have built & run multi-billion dollar companies.
Uniquely positioned within the vastly-growing medical and recreational cannabis industry, their targeted strategy flows across three distinct verticals of cannabis production [Emblem Cannabis], patient education [GrowWise], and pharmaceutical R&D [Emblem Pharmaceutical]. A truly integrated solution.
Their brand-new Paris, Ontario facility was custom-designed and purpose-built specifically to cultivate and cure cannabis for medicinal use; and has a planned expansion to 21,000kg of annual production.
Emblem has a high quality, experienced management team who has aligned interests with shareholders by investing $6MM and has developed a track record of building successful multi-billion-dollar healthcare companies.
- In-house patient education provider in 50%-owned GrowWise Health with 14 locations operating in Southern Ontario
- Pharmaceutical division headed by John Stewart, a former pharmaceutical executive who was CEO at Purdue Pharma – the company behind Oxycotin
- Their pioneering research into both sustained and accelerated CBD delivery
- Well position to be able to supply non-irradiated product, which would sell at a premium, to the coming recreational market in Canada.
- $80 million in capital raising that gives the company over $85m in Cash on Hand going into 2018-02-22
- Canada Health approval for the range of CBD oils
- Awarded #1 for Customer (patient) Support in the Canadian Cannabis Awards
- Created a partnership with Durham College (first of its kind) to assist in education
- Expanded their production capacity in their Paris facility through the purchase of 80 acres of land
- Expansion of cannabis production capacity using capital raised in 2017
- Start developing the 172,000-square foot Greenhouse facility on Paris Road
- Emblem intends to break ground on the newly acquired land during the third quarter of 2017 to execute on the design and build of its initial 100,000 sq. f. state-of-the-art facility
- Once operating at an optimal level, the Company expects this facility to enable the Company to produce up to 20,000 kilograms of dried cannabis, translating to approximately $160.0 million in potential sales based on the Company’s current average selling price of approximately $8.00 per gram (or equivalent derivative product) and production capacity assumptions.
- The Company expects to continue its production capacity expansion plans based on two additional 100,000 sq. f. production modules.
- Following the completion of the first module, future facilities will have a higher percentage of space dedicated to cultivation. On this basis, the Company anticipates that its total production capacity should reach about 70,000 kilograms per annum, once a total of 300,000 sq. f. of new production space becomes operational.
GrowWise - Dispensary Distribution
- Patient acquisition through the expansion of physical GrowWise Health clinics
- This occurs via the current infrastructure of the White Cedar Pharmacy Group
- Creation of premium products for the recreational market focussing on non-irradiated cannabis
- This would achieve a premium price (and margin) and would be the only sensible space for Emblem to operate in
- They launched their proprietary oils in December. Emblem has begun a selection of high-quality cannabis oils, including those from CBD dominant strains, THC dominant strains and strains with both CBD and THC content.
- Cannabis oils and related formulations provide a level of consistency and dosage accuracy that cannot be achieved with dried flower, and is a substantially more convenient and precise consumption method.
- The four oils are: 20:0 THC Indica, 20:0 THC Sativa, 12:20 THC/CBD, 0:20 THC/CBD (the numbers representing the milligrams per millilitre of THC and CBD, two of the primary cannabinoids in the cannabis plant).
- Emblem’s concentrated cannabis oils are taken orally, providing for precise dosing through the oral syringe included with the bottle. It’s a great product and appeals to new customers that want to measure what kind of experience they want to have.
- Sales of cannabis oil now growing at a faster rate than dried flower, so this is a very important market to tap
Cannabis Oil Spray
Overarching strategy is to develop delivery systems for CBD that can be measured
- If doctors can accurately measure prescribed dosages, this then allows for the titrating process. This would be a game changer in terms of the adoption by referring doctors
- Aim to achieve this through
- Licensing agreement with Dosecann to which Dosecann will begin developing a range of cannabinoid dosage formulations designed to ensure patients are better able to titrate and administer each dose the exact same way.
- The two companies will begin work immediately on the development of a cannabis-oil oral spray dosage form, followed by the development of two separate dose-controlled vaporisers.
- The further enhancement of the sofgel capsules that would have titratable measurement ability
Cannabis Oil Capsules
- The development of both sustained and accelerated release capability.
- There is substantial evidence that cannabinoids are effective for the treatment of a number of conditions including (i) chronic pain, (ii) nausea, (iii) anxiety and sleep disorders, and (iv) spasticity in patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
- Sustained release dosage forms are designed to release the active pharmaceutical ingredient at a predetermined rate in order to maintain a constant drug concentration over a specific period of time – resulting in a longer duration of action from a single dose and ofen with reduced side effects.
- Immediate release dosage forms of cannabinoids tend to lose therapeutic effects in 4 to 6 hours requiring subsequent readministration and the risk of reduced patient compliance.
- The Sustained Release Product is designed to release the cannabinoid content over a period of at least 12 hours. Sustained release formulations of pharmaceutical products are particularly valuable in the treatment of chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, where patients tend to need “around the clock” relief.
- There is substantial evidence that cannabis is effective for the treatment of numerous conditions including neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain is estimated to affect over two million Canadians and the pharmaceutical market addressing the needs of those patients was about $500 million in 2016.
Sustained Release Partnership
- Canntab has developed a patent-pending oral sustained release formulation for cannabinoids
- Under the Agreement, Emblem and Canntab will collaborate on the preclinical formulation, clinical development, regulatory approval, manufacturing and commercialisation of the Sustained Release Product.
- The Agreement grants to Emblem the exclusive right in Canada to Canntab’s patents and know-how for the purpose of developing, commercialising, using, selling, and offering the Sustained Release Product for sale under the Emblem brand. The License does not include the right to import or export the Product.
- John Stewart heads this division. He oversaw the launch and hyper sale growth of Oxycotin.
Using the latest in indoor grow science, their brand-new Paris, Ontario facility was custom-designed and purposebuilt specifically to cultivate cannabis for medicinal use.
The carefully regulated indoor environment is powered by a Canadian-made, custom-developed Argus controlled system, which regulates our grow rooms to maintain positive pressure and control outside contamination.
This structure also lays the foundation for the nonirradiated premium recreational strains that will be developed.
Nick Dean - President and CEO
Nick Dean brings more than 12 years of consumer marketing and leadership experience to Emblem’s dedicated team, including extensive work with highly respected pharmaceutical and healthcare brands.
Most recently he worked with KBS Canada, a fully integrated creative agency with offices in Toronto and Montreal, where he led the company through two mergers and a number of substantial client wins, resulting in significant bottom and top-line growth.
Mr. Dean earned his MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business and holds his Bachelor of Commerce Degree from McMaster University.
John H. Stewart - Co-founder & President, Pharmaceutical’s
Former President & CEO of Purdue Pharma Canada (1991-2006) and Purdue Pharma US (2007-2013), one of the largest privately held pharmaceutical companies in the world.
Launched 11 new products, including OxyContin and invested $1MM personally into Emblem.
Alex Stojanovic - CFO
Alex Stojanovic has been tapped to replace John Laurie as Chief Financial Officer.
Stojanovic joined Emblem as Director of Finance in August, 2017. Previously, he held several senior finance positions in Barrick Gold Corporation and Teranga Gold Corporation, including an assignment in Chile overseeing the finance team on a multibillion dollar construction project.
He has extensive experience in external reporting and compliance, business planning, capital markets activities, internal controls, corporate governance and team development. He began his career in public accounting, gaining valuable experience as an auditor and tax specialist.