CannTrust Holdings Inc. (“CannTrust” or the “Company” | TSX: TRST), a licensed producer of medical cannabis under the Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation (“ACMPR”) program, today announced financial and operating results for the three and six months ending June 30, 2018. All amounts expressed are in Canadian dollars.
2018 Second Quarter Highlights
- Record Revenues of $9M in Q2 2018, a 99% increase from the comparable prior year period
- Positive Net Income for the fifth consecutive quarter
- Active patients increased to more than 45,000, a 117% increase from the comparable prior year period
- Cannabis extracts were 60% of cannabis sales
- Officially opened Niagara Perpetual Harvest 450,000 sq. ft. hydroponic greenhouse facility
- Launched three new recreational brands: Liiv, Synr.g and Xscape
- Entered into three recreational supply agreements in Western Canada to supply 17,000 kg of cannabis annually
- Raised $100,395,000 through the issuance of common shares and warrants
- Entered into a joint venture with Grey Wolf Animal Health to focus on development of medical cannabis products for the global pet market
Developments subsequent to the Quarter
- Construction of the fully funded Niagara Facility 600,000 sq. ft. expansion has begun
- The Company entered into an agreement to acquire a 23-acre property adjacent to the Niagara Facility which will allow for significant further expansion
A comprehensive discussion of CannTrust’s financial condition and results of operations are provided in the Company’s Management Discussion & Analysis and Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements filed with SEDAR and can be found on www.sedar.com.
“We are very pleased with our Q2 results. We continued to experience dynamic growth in all areas of the Company as we execute our business plan aimed at being a market leader and innovator in the development of products and services to better serve our patients and physicians and to position us for the October 17th legalization of the adult use recreational market” says Eric Paul, CEO.
“The size and scope of our Perpetual Harvest Facility is a testament to CannTrust’s industry leading achievements and is setting new industry benchmarks for high-quality yields and reduced costs. Operating a facility of this scale, CannTrust is well-positioned to meet the increased Canadian and global demand for cannabis. With Bill C-45 receiving Royal Assent legalizing cannabis for adult consumer use on October 17, 2018, our Perpetual Harvest Facility offers CannTrust even more opportunities to lead the industry with its disciplined, scientific approach. It is a very exciting time for the industry and CannTrust is poised to be at the forefront of this evolving landscape,” says Brad Rogers, President, CannTrust.
Since its inception in 2014, CannTrust has led the Canadian market in producing a pharmaceutically standardized product.
As a federally regulated licensed producer, CannTrust brings more than 40 years of pharmacy and healthcare experience to the medical cannabis industry. CannTrust currently operates the recently completed 250,000 sq. ft. Phase One redevelopment of its 450,000 sq. ft. Niagara Perpetual Harvest Facility. The 200,000 sq. ft. Phase Two redevelopment is expected to be operational in the third quarter and the projected 600,000 sq. ft. greenhouse expansion has begun and is fully funded. The industry’s broadest product portfolio is prepared and packaged at the 60,000 sq. ft. manufacturing center of excellence in Vaughan, Ontario.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Our product development teams along with our exclusive global pharma partner, Apotex Inc., are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for customers to use medical cannabis. We support ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and have a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.